Setting or resetting the time on your CVS Blood Pressure Monitor is not that difficult as you think. If you want to set the time and date on My Blood Pressure Monitor before using the unit, all you need to do is put the lock-switch position on. It should be showing green to signal that it is on.
You can then press and hold the S-button for the next three seconds. Once you are done, you can press the S-button to confirm your setting. Proceed with the day’s input by setting the time, date, and year.
How do I delete the memory on the CVS blood pressure monitor?
You can follow these steps if you want to delete the memory in your CVS blood monitor:
- Turn the unit off
- Hold the memory button on until you can see the “CL” appear
- Once the CL appears on the CVS screen, you can release the memory button then tap the memory once
- You can hear a series of beeps
- The CVS memory is now cleared
How do I set up my CVS wrist blood pressure monitor?
Follow these steps if you want to set your CVS wrist blood pressure monitor:
- Apply the cuff and ensure the display is facing at least a quarter or half inch from your hand.
- Fasten the cuff around your wrist
- Place your hand on the table and ensure the cuff is the same height as your heart
- Push the start button
- Wait for the reading to complete
How do I know if my CVS blood pressure monitor gives an accurate reading?
The simplest you can tell if the CVS blood pressure monitor is accurate is to check if the systolic blood pressure on the cuff is within 10 points of the monitor. Also, how long you have been using your blood pressure monitor can determine if it is still up to the task or not.
Most home blood pressure monitors will work accurately for the next two or three years. After this period, you want to check with your doctor’s office that the instrument is still effective and accurate with the results it gives.
Should my arm be straight when taking a blood pressure reading from my CVS blood pressure monitor?
It is always advisable to take your blood pressure from the left arm if you are right-handed. However, if your doctor advises you to do otherwise, you can just proceed. You want to rest in a chair for at least 5 or 10 minutes before taking your blood pressure. You should allow your arm to rest comfortably at the heart level when reading.
How can I check my blood pressure without using a CVS Blood pressure monitor?
Follow these steps to find your blood pressure without using a machine:
- Place your middle and index finger on the inner wrist of the other arm.
- Blow the base of your thumb
- You should be able to feel some pulsing or tapping against your fingers
- Count the number of taps you can feel in 10 seconds
- To find out your heart rate per minute, you can multiply the number by 6