Walmart offers you the flexibility of shopping online and picking up your order either from the store or in the parking lot. The pickup is convenient and will save you time if you have a lot on your plate. The process is easy and all you will need to do is shop and later on pick up your orders when they are ready.
So what is Walmart grocery pickup? How does it work and what are the benefits of using it? You will get all the answers to these questions by reading through this article.
What is the Walmart Grocery Pickup?
The Walmart Pickup is a service that the retail giant offers its customers to avoid physical browsing of products in store aisles. You can access the service from the comfort of your home through their website or the Walmart App. Remember, pickup is only accessible if you spend a minimum of $35.
How Do You Carry Out the Walmart Pickup?
You might be wondering how the whole process works but it’s very simple to perform. First of all, you do your shopping online and at checkout, choose the pickup option. If you are picking up from the store, you just walk in to a counter and you will receive your order. However, if you opt for curbside pickup, follow the steps below.
- Order your item through Walmart.com or through their app
- Choose a pickup option, location and the pickup time
- Wait for a notification indicating your order is ready
- Check into the store for a parking number
- Park in your allocated space and wait for your order
Types of Pickups
There are two choices when it comes to Walmart pickups. Both options require you to choose a time and location for your pickup. The service operates between 8 A.M and 8 P.M.
- Store Pickup. As the name suggests, you pick up your order from inside the store. When you are shopping online, indicate the store that you will pick up your order from. Choosing the one that is nearest to you will save you time. Store pickups deal with items that are not necessarily groceries.
- Curbside Pickup. The other option is to pick up your groceries from the parking lot of a Walmart store. When you get to the parking lot, you park at an allocated spot and a Walmart staff will bring out your order and load it into your car. You can pick up a spot after you are done selecting the items that you want to buy at Walmart.com or on the App.
What Items Can You Order For Pickup?
There is a difference in the items that you can choose for the two pickup options. For the store pickup option, you can pick everything as long as it is in stock. For curbside pickup, you can pick up groceries for the major part. Although curbside pickup has been set back, the store is working on adding more items.
Does Walmart Charge for Pickup?
No, Walmart does not charge for pickup but to be eligible for the service be sure to meet the spending requirement of more than $35. On the other hand, you might be wondering whether to tip the person loading your groceries but that is all up to you. It is not an obligation.
Since you don’t want to spend a dollar more than you need to, the pickup service does not charge any fees. It is free of charge.
When is the Walmart Grocery Pickup Available?
Even though most people would wish for 24/7 services, Walmart still offers a pretty good deal with the pickup service running for great hours. The Walmart grocery pickup service runs 7 days a week but only operates between 8 A.M and 8 P.M. So when you are choosing your window pickup period, keep those timeframes in mind.
Why You Should Choose the Pickup Service
If you want to avoid the long checkout lines or you just don’t want to stand in line, the Walmart grocery pickup is a great option for you. Furthermore if you are in a bit of a hurry and you have a lot of errands to run, the pickup option will save you time. The convenience of spending as little much time on your shopping is fantastic.
Pointers to Help Out With the Walmart Grocery Pickup
- If possible place your order earlier like a day before to give you flexibility during pickup times.
- Indicate alternative products in case some items in your cart are not available
- If you are choosy with certain edibles, opt to do the shopping in person
- Choose the Walmart App over the browser to ensure convenience for both shopping and pickup
Walmart pickup introduces the possibility of multi-tasking without feeling like you are wasting time. At the end of a busy day you can just pick up your groceries without stepping inside a store and that is just lifesaving.
Which Pickup Option Is Better For You?
You can choose either of the options depending on the items that you buy and the time available on your hands. If you just want groceries and you are in a hurry choose the curbside option. If you are shopping for several items, the store option will work better for you.
In case your order includes any age-restricted items, be sure to carry your identification for validation purposes. Keep in mind that you can have pickups on the same day you make your order but if you can wait, you can do your pickup the next day.
The Walmart grocery pickup service is a great choice when you are busy and your day is packed but still need groceries. Be sure to choose the method that works for you to avoid any inconveniences. Before you go to the store to pick up your shopping, make sure you have received the notification email. Also, remember to include an alternative to your products choice in case some items are not available.